Green Smoothie Benefits and Recipe Ideas
Although green smoothies can look like something the Hulk threw up, they can be unbelievably tasty, not to mention full of healthy benefits! Green smoothies are usually a mixture of fruit, veg, a liquid base, and perhaps even superfoods. You might think that this ‘fad’ won’t last, but it’s a great way to make sure you get enough fruit and veg every day. You’ll be downing glasses of amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. What could be better?! Read on for more benefits and recipe ideas:
Benefits of Drinking Green Smoothies
- More energy throughout the day.
- A natural weight loss aid when consumed in conjunction with healthy fats and protein.
- A way to stay healthy when you’re on the go.
- Keep your immune system in tip top condition.
- Fight off disease.
- One of the greatest fast food solutions you’ll ever consume!
Making Your Own Green Smoothies
Making your own green smoothies is very exciting, and you could even come up with a delicious recipe that becomes part of your staple diet. You could try recipes that have already been tried and tested, but making your own is much more fun! All you need is your own smoothie blender. Finding a green smoothie blenders review shouldn’t be hard, so take a look before buying one. You can then try this formula to make the best green smoothie ever:
Leafy greens give your smoothie that green colour and will add a lot of the vitamins and minerals. Add 2 cups for the best result.
- Swiss Chard.
- Bok Choy.
- Romaine Lettuce.
The liquid base is essential to make your smoothie drinkable. The more liquid you use, the more watery your drink will be. Try around 2 cups.
- Almond Milk.
- Coconut Milk.
- Coconut Water.
Fruit adds more vitamins and minerals, but sweetness too. Add around 3 cups of fruit to get a nice sweet flavour, just beware of the sugar content.
These added extras will give your smoothie an extra health boost, so have fun testing out different combinations!
- Acai powder.
- Hemp seeds.
- Chia seeds.
- Hemp protein powder.
- Coconut oil.
- Flax seeds.
- Almond butter.
Tips for blending your smoothies:
- For measuring your greens, pack them tightly using a measuring cup and then throw them in your chosen blender.
- Add your chosen liquid and then blend it together until all the chunks have disappeared.
- Add your fruit and blend again until everything is nice and smooth.
- Pour your smoothie into a cool looking cup, like a jar found on eBay.
- Drink your delicious green smoothie and reap the health benefits!
Green smoothies not only make you healthier, they can also be a great weight loss aid for those looking to drop a few pounds. Drink one in the morning for breakfast, one at lunch with a portion of healthy fats and protein, and then have your regular evening meal (but make it sensible). The weight should drop off and you should feel better than ever!